Fashion Editorial Photography is a captivating genre that aims to portray fashion in an artistic and imaginative manner. When combined with photographing children, this concept allows for even more creativity and storytelling opportunities. If you are looking to capture stunning images of children in a fashion editorial style, here are some creative ideas to inspire you.
1. Theme-based Shoots: Start by selecting a specific theme that complements the fashion and the child’s personality. Whether it’s a whimsical fairytale, a futuristic sci-fi setting, or a vibrant jungle adventure, choose props, costumes, and locations that bring the theme to life.
2. Unique Locations: Step away from traditional studio backdrops and explore outdoor locations that add character to your images. Abandoned buildings, colorful city streets, or serene natural landscapes can create an editorial vibe and provide an interesting backdrop for your fashion story.
3. Play with Lighting: Experiment with different lighting techniques to add drama and depth to your photographs. Whether it’s using natural backlighting during golden hour, experimenting with low-key lighting for a moody effect, or incorporating artificial light sources, each lighting setup can set the tone for your fashion editorial.
4. Dynamic Poses: Encourage movement and expression in your subjects through dynamic poses. Rather than just capturing them in a static standing position, have them jump, twirl, or play with props. This adds a sense of energy and brings the fashion to life.
5. Fashion Styling: Fashion is a crucial aspect of editorial photography. Collaborate with stylists to curate a wardrobe that complements the theme and showcases the latest trends. Be bold with accessories, colors, and textures to create visually striking images.
6. Expressive Faces: Capture the child’s emotions and expressions, as this can make your images truly memorable. Encourage them to express joy, curiosity, or intrigue that complements the overall story or theme. Candid moments can often result in the most authentic and captivating captures.
7. Incorporate Props: Props can enhance the narrative and add visual interest to your photographs. Whether it’s oversized confetti, balloons, or vintage fashion accessories, props help to create a unique atmosphere that complements the fashion choices.
8. Collaborate with Hair and Makeup Artists: Hair and makeup play a significant role in fashion editorial photography. Collaborate with talented artists who can create looks that not only enhance the child’s features but also elevate the overall visual appeal of your images.
Remember, fashion editorial photography with children is all about combining artistry with storytelling. Be open to experimentation, collaborate with a creative team, and allow the child’s personality to shine through in your photographs. By combining fashion, imagination, and the natural innocence of childhood, you can create stunning images that captivate viewers and create lasting memories.
For more information visit:
Andrea DeLong Photography
Experience photography beyond the ordinary with Andrea DeLong Photography. Specializing in KC senior portraits, branding, family, and wedding photography, Andrea blends artistry and expertise to craft images that resonate with your heart and soul. Collaborate with us for a transformative journey where authenticity and artistry create breathtaking visuals. Schedule a consultation today.